Providing resources to empower youth
Safe and Sober is a nonprofit organization based in Springfield, Mo.
Safe and Sober works to end substance misuse through educational programs and resources, but there’s so much more work to be done – especially when it comes to the underlying issues that cause young people to use substances.
Anxiety, stress, depression, self-consciousness, and self-doubt plague children ages 10-18. Young adults often turn to substances like alcohol, drugs, and nicotine to cope, or feel good for a short time. This routine only leads to increased stress and anxiety as well as a lifelong addiction.
Safe and Sober relies on financial support from donors to provide free resources to schools, youth, and parents across 15 states — all of which can be accessed virtually. Now, more than ever, we need your help to develop content focusing on the root causes of unsafe behavior among youth.
Each year our resources include:
- A brand-new multi-segment video featuring real teens. These videos contain stories designed to help teens live a healthy lifestyle by avoiding addiction and other risky decisions.
- Comprehensive activities and discussion guides for teachers or student leaders.
- Pledge cards for each student to submit online after they take part in our program. This responsive pledge option is unique because it automatically ties back to a school's overall pledge rate.
- Collateral materials including a custom school website pledge page.
- Instructions and tips to make our program easy.
In the 2019-2020 academic year, Safe and Sober reached more than 195,000 students and we expect that number to grow even more.